To juice or not to juice- that is the question. If total health is at the forefront of your mind then you have to consider juicing up. Juicing fresh natural foods has been gaining popularity over the years because there are a lot of benefits you can reap from it. Extracted juices not only provide tasty beverages but they are easy way to ingest essential vitamins and minerals to increase energy levels, alleviate illnesses and eliminate harmful toxins in the body. Juicing improves your overall health.
What is Juicing?
Juicing is a method of extracting the liquid part of fruits and vegetables from the pulp or the fiber. There are different ways to juice. You can manually squeeze the juice out from fruits and vegetables or you can use juicers. There is a wide variety of juicers in the market. All you have to do is know what you want from a juicer and choose the best one that will give you what you want. The important thing here is that you will be able to add fresh healthy juice in your daily mealtime regimen.
Benefits of Juicing
• Juicing is a simple and easy way to let people, especially kids who hate eating fruits and vegetable get their daily dose of vitamins and minerals just by drinking. Moreover, there are recipes available to make these juices tastier and more palatable.
• Extracted juice specifically from green vegetables helps eliminate harmful substances in the body. It is commonly use in detoxifying because it removes toxins and other waste products by eliminating them through the urine, stool and perspiration.
• Fresh juices are at “pre-digested” form hence it is readily absorbed by the body making nutrients readily available for the body to use.
• Compared to pre packed juices, juicing your own fruits and vegetables are way healthier. The pasteurizing process damages or destroys minerals, vitamins and enzymes while the nutrients in fresh juices are intact providing maximum benefits.
• Juicing is a great way to combine fruits and vegetables together in one glass to provide daily nutritional requirements. A glass of these extracted juices is loaded with essential nutrients and antioxidants.
• Juicers report that they experience a remarkable increase amount of energy, stamina and improvement in their overall health just by drinking a glass of extracted juice from fruits and vegetables daily.
• Juicing on a regular basis can reap benefits of phytochemicals. It is an excellent way to prevent numerous diseases and illnesses that afflict the body. It enhances the function of the immune system making it possible to fight virus, bacteria, and other pathogens. One other pathogen to look out for is asbestos. Asbestos cannot be cured by juicing, so get a home asbestos test before trying natural remedies like juicing and health foods. Medical professionals have become more amenable to juicing as way to be healthier and physically fit.
The benefits of juicing are too numerous to list down in just one article. But the question still remains – to juice or not to juice? With all the benefits you can reap from juicing your answer will definitely “to juice”. Juicing is actually juicing for life. Start juicing now to improve your overall health and quality of life.
Gingko biloba is not new to us. In fact it is one of the most popular herbs that have proven to be effective. But most do not realize that the use of this herb has been employed for more than 5000 years. Gingko biloba is an essential herbal supplement extracted from the leaves of the Gingko tree. It is believed that the organic compounds of this plant are beneficial to the brain cells which improve memory, concentration and can delay senility. Moreover, additional studies of this plant have led to the discoveries of more benefits than just by being a brain booster.
How does Gingko Biloba Enhances Brain Power?
The mechanism of action of this herbal supplement is unknown but it is believed that the ability of Gingko biloba to boost brain power is attributed to its organic compounds. The compounds include diterpenes, sterols, 6-hydroxykyunurenic acid and the two active components: flavinoids and terpenoids. These components among others have the ability to:
- Enhance neurotransmitter activity to improve both short term and long term memory, boost concentration, thinking processes and reaction time.
- Increase blood circulation to the vital organs including the brain. Proper blood circulation is very essential because blood carries the much needed nutrients and oxygen for mental activity.
- Antioxidant property – neutralizes free radicals and toxins to prevent brain damage.
- Increase alpha brainwaves which are responsible for mental alertness and concentration.
- Increase metabolism of sugar in the brain. This is an important process for optimum brain function.
- Reverse memory loss, this is the reason why this herbal supplement is used as an alternative treatment to stave off Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other age related memory loss.
- Anticoagulant property – prevents blood coagulation which is the common cause of stroke and brain damage.
- Relieves asthma and lung congestion by dilating the airways.
- Increases and regulates blood flow in different parts of the body.
- Used as an anticoagulant and it inhibits platelet aggregation that helps prevent hearing disorders, inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
- Prevents formation of cholesterol – lowering LDL that can block blood vessels.
- Its antioxidant value relaxes blood vessels and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Improves sexual energy and erectile dysfunction due to the increase blood circulation in the reproductive system.
- It has powerful antioxidants which helps defend the cells against free radical damage.
- Helps prevents muscle cramps and claudication.
- Use as an alternative treatment for hypertension and mild strokes.
- Rejuvenates the skin because of the increase blood circulation and activation of cell metabolism.
As you can see, besides brain booster, there are lots of benefits you can get from Gingko biloba. This herbal supplement is considered superb for overall health and well being of any individual. But before taking this super-nutrient, it is important to seek medical advice. The typical doses vary depending upon the reason for taking it and the effectiveness of this regimen would be seen over a long term therapy and not merely a month or two.
Do you remember Xi, the Kalahari bushman that stars the movie “Gods Must Be Crazy”? Anyways, he and his family live in the deserts of South Africa, where there is almost no vegetation other than plants that could survive through drought and winter like the Mongongo tree. Kalahari Bushmen who eat Mongongo as their staple food are one of the few people in the world whose blood pressure does not increase with age. Most of us know that the degenerative process causes the increased incidence of hypertension among elders. But with the Kalahari Bushmen, this doesn’t seem to occur. However, there are no studies or scientific evidence that the components of the fruit have something to do with it. Nevertheless, there are some researches prove that this plant has lots of benefits for humans.
Scientific Name: Schinziophyton rautanenii
Other Names: Manketti, Nongongo
The Mongongo trees are delicious nut-bearing trees that are grown in large groves. These trees are found on wooded hills and amongst the sand dunes, particularly the Kalahari sand, soil-types throughout South Africa. They are large spreading trees that grow up to 15-20 meters with distinctive hand-shaped leaves, pale yellow woods and beautiful yellow flowers. The Mongongo trees have grown in popularity because of the oil derived from it that offers lots of benefits.
|Mongongo oil is derived from the pressed fruit of the Mongongo tree. The Kalahari Bushmen use this oil as a body rub to cleanse, moisturize and protect the skin from the strong rays of the sun. This is proven to be true because the oil contains eleostearic acid, which reacts rapidly with ultraviolet light producing polymerization to protect the skin.The oil also contains Tocophero (Vitamin E) which is a potent antioxidant. It moisturizes and prevents the ageing process of the skin. For centuries, the oil is used by the natives of Africa to cleanse and moisturize their skin during the winter months.
Besides the fruit being a staple diet of some tribes in Africa, the Mongongo oil has been a traditional herbal medicine. As mentioned the oil is rich in eleostearic acid, which does not only offer a unique protection from the harmful rays of the sun but from environmental pollutants as well. Eleostearic acid is also known to promote cell regeneration and renewal – making the body healthier and younger looking.
The Mongongo oil has an anti inflammatory effect when used as a topical medicine. It reduces swelling and redness on the affected part.
List of Benefits
|Health· Antioxidant· Anti-inflammatory
· Anti hypertension (not proven)
|Skin· Moisturizer· UV Protector
· Treats dry skin
· Anti Aging
· Natural Emollient
|Hair· Moisturizer· Hydration
Properties of Mongongo Oil
||Tastes like roasted cashew and almond
||Slightly thick liquid, same as other oil consistency
||It is easily absorbed by the skin and hair that acts as a protective layer
||The Mongongo oil contains high amounts of Tocopherol, which is responsible for the stability of the oil and it doesn’t easily rancid. With proper storage the oil can last up to a year and will last longer if stored in a cool place.
||Protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, vitamin E (Tocopherol), linoleic acid, palmitic, stearic, oleic, thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, eleostearic acid
||There are no proven side effects found in the use of Mongongo oil.
||Contraindicated to pregnant, lactating mothers and people who have hypersensitivity to nuts and its contents